Do you know the principle of amorphous selenium flat panel detector?
The optical conductor of the amorphous selenium flat panel detector directly converts the received X-ray photons into electric charges, and then reads and digitizes the electrical signals by the thin film transistor array.
Principle of amorphous selenium flat panel detector:
1. X-ray incident photon excites electron-hole pair in amorphous selenium layer;
2. Electrons and holes move in reverse under the action of the applied electric field, generating an electric current, whose magnitude is proportional to the number of incident X-ray photons;
3. These current signals are stored in inter-electrode capacitors of TFT, each of which forms a pixel unit.
Advantages of amorphous selenium flat panel detector:
1.High conversion efficiency, wide dynamic range;
2.High spatial efficiency;
3. Good sharpness;
Disadvantages of amorphous selenium flat panel detector:
1. Low X-ray absorption rate, image quality can not be well guaranteed under low dose conditions, while increasing X-ray dose, not only increases the absorption of disease sources, but also requires too much of the X-ray system.
2. The selenium layer is sensitive to temperature, limited use conditions and poor environmental adaptability.
If you are interested in our flat panel detector, please feel free contact us.