The flat panel detector (FPD) is a long-awaited technology that applies digital X-ray imaging technology to the radiology department. With the development of science and technology, flat panel detectors have also become one of the mainstream imaging devices. The flat-panel detector is a precision instrument that plays an important role in imaging. This technology, which was popular in the 1990s, has been recognized by people in the medical field all over the world. With the development of science and technology, this technology will also Progress over time. So what are the advantages of flat panel detector imaging?
1. Digital imaging (DR) has clear and delicate images, high resolution, wide grayscale, large amount of information, and large dynamic range.
2. High density resolution and obtaining more image details are the most important features of digital X-ray images (DR) over ordinary radiographic images.
3. The DR projection speed is fast, and the effect of motion artifacts is small. Especially for children who cry easily and elderly patients who are intolerant of holding their breath.
4. DR imaging has low radiation. Since the sensitivity of the digital X-ray image (DR) flat panel detector is much higher than that of the ordinary X-ray film, it only needs a relatively small amount of energy to obtain a satisfactory image. Shooting digital X-ray images (DR) is 30%-70% less radiation than ordinary images.
5. Digital images show better bone structure, articular cartilage and soft tissues than traditional X-ray images. Digital images can easily display mediastinal structures such as blood vessels and trachea. The detection rate of nodular lesions is higher than that of traditional X-ray images.